A specialized welding machine to connect metal parts such as iron, steel, and stainless steel through the melting and adhesion of welding materials and welding materials is necessary for Used in the home's mechanical industry jobs or company or factory. Currently, there are many different lines of welding machines. And to choose the Best TIG Welders, you need to determine your exact job requirements.
The following article will introduce some of the primary welding machine lines with the advantages and applications of each to help you choose for yourself the best and most suitable welding machine.
1. Select TIG welding machine according to the power used
Power supply with the use of a welding machine is a critical issue. Choosing the right welding machine for the power source will help maximize the machine's features.
The power source that you use when choosing welding equipment can be DC power (when working at home or small workshop), a 3-phase source when working in construction sites, industrial zones. Currently, some machines also feature automatic 1-phase or 3-phase power response without requiring a power converter. Particularly in areas where there's no mains power, you ought to think about using suitable welding generators.
2. Select TIG welding machine according to the mobility of the machine
Besides the power source, mobility is also a factor to consider when choosing to buy and choose the Best TIG welders machines. If your work requires tons of travel, you can choose a lightweight welding machine but still have to ensure full efficiency.
Today, inverter technology has significantly reduced the volume of welding machines. A 6kg welding machine can produce up to 150Amp of welding current. The 36kg weighing machine machine can provide up to 400Amp welding current. At the same time, trolley-wheeled welding machines are also very convenient when moving regularly in industrial-scale work areas, large construction sites.
3. Selection of TIG welding machine according to welding wire diameter, electrode
To ensure a convenient welding process, to help the welding machine maximize working efficiency, one of the most important steps is the welding current of the machine to match the diameter of the welding wire, electrode. The following tables will help you know the diameter of the welding wire, the electrode you are using can work in the range of current to choose a suitable electronic welding machine.
4. Selection of TIG welding machine according to the load cycle of the machine
One of the things to consider when choosing the Best TIG Welders machine is the welding current-load cycle relationship. The load cycle is the amount of time the welder can work for 10 minutes. For example, a welding machine can weld 300A with a 60% load cycle, which means it can weld continuously for 6 minutes with 300A welding current then have to rest 4 minutes to make sure the machine is not overheated.
When choosing a welding machine, you should pay attention that most welding rods can only be soldered continuously for less than 2 minutes (today, more than 80% of welding jobs use a 3.2mm rod diameter, and with rods, This only takes 1 minute to solder all).
5. Selection of TIG welding machine according to the types
One-way TIG welding machine: For direct current, there will be 2 types of wiring, which are forward polarity and reverse polarity (according to the arc welding convention).
Alternating TIG welding machine: This is a combination of both positive and negative bias. Therefore, during the half-cycle of reverse polarity, it also helps to remove the top layer of oxide. Therefore, when welding metals such as aluminum, magnesium, and beryllium copper, it is often preferred to use AC current over reverse polarity DC because for these metals, the removal of oxides from the surface plays a critical role in obtaining clean and beautiful welds.
Versatile TIG welding machine:Currently on the market is also a trendy line of Versatile TIG welding machines, which means that device in addition to the TIG welding function can also conduct other welding techniques such as welding rods, MIG / MAG welding, Plasma cutting.
Last update on 2023-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. What are the commonly used gases in TIG welding?
In general, the types of gases and protective gas mixtures commonly used in TIG welding machines are pure Argon, pure helium, a mixture of Argon - helium, a mixture of Agron - hydrogen, a mixture of Argon - nitrogen ...
However, Argon is often used more widely for two reasons: Argon is cheaper, easier to prepare, and Argon is heavier than helium, so it offers good protection even at low air discharge.
2. What is the welding current range of the TIG welding machine?
Conventional TIG welding machines operate in a current range of 3 to 350A, with a voltage from 10 to 35V and a load factor of 60%. High-frequency welding machines can be used with conventional AC and DC power sources. The AC power supply must have a minimum no-load voltage of 75V.
3. Is it possible to use a TIG welding machine to weld iron? Is the adhesion sure?
TIG welding method can be used for welding iron, stainless steel, and many different alloys. Compared with using welding rods, TIG welds have high aesthetics, better quality, so they are often used in thin welding iron, stainless steel, household appliances, and products with strict weld requirements.
4. Why is the TIG welding machine not able to pull but keep being interrupted?
The device cannot be soldered continuously due to many reasons. One of them is due to the use of welding rods that are too large compared to the capacity of the machine, resulting in discontinuous arcs. In addition, it is also possible that the contact positions are not good. If it is not for the above reasons, you should bring the machine to the warranty facility for the most accurate inspection.
5. Why do people use Wolfram as an electrode in Tig welding?
Wolfram is known to have the highest melting point, up to 3,410 degrees Celsius. Therefore, the electrode will withstand the high temperature of the arc without being melted.
More specifically, Wolfram can create arc ionization and arc maintenance due to its ability to emit electrons well. Moreover, this metal is not oxidized or corroded in different environments, providing durability for the device.
Choosing the best TIG welders machine that suits the needs of the user is essential; there are many different methods and methods to choose from. In the tutorial "How to choose Best TIG Welders," we will show you how to choose a machine and classify it according to the job requirements as follows:
- In general, the light industry requires the machine to meet a load cycle of about 20% with an output current of 230Amp or less: PRIMEWELD TIG225X is a consumer TIG welding machine with small and no complicated needs. Therefore, they are cheap compared to the market.
- And, for industrial welding machines that require the machine to meet a load cycle of 40% - 60% of the output current, about 300 Amp or less. This series of welding machines are often used in workshops. In addition to being used for a long time but still having to be stable, they also require quite a high accuracy. With stability, PowerPro 256D is the best priority product for users.
- Heavy industry requires machines with load cycles from 60% to 100% of the output current, usually greater than 300Amp. It can be said for sizable load cycle requirements compared to the output current for industrial use only. Power TIG 315LX is the most outstanding product in this segment, high load cycle, long time use but its stability is still good, most importantly, their lifespan can be used at high intensity for a long time. But the impact is not much. However, with such requirements, their price is very high and quite fussy about users.
With the recent sharing, we hope that everyone can choose the Best TIG welders machine for them to bring high performance to their work. If you want to buy genuine, safe, and cheap tools and tools, please contact a trusted facility for a team of professional staff to advise and support more.