Coffee has been living in people's lives for thousands of years, and people have invented and flavored their coffee in many ways. Espresso is one of those things. In 1986, Nestle introduced to the world, the age of coffee makers, Nespresso. Nespresso is a portmanteau that combines two words, Nestle - the brand, and espresso, the coffee type.
Nespresso has been so famous in the community of coffee lovers that in 2011, the annual sales of Nespresso surpassed 3B of Swiss francs. In this article, we will outline the specifications of Nespresso machines and recommend the best Nespresso machines you can order online.
Nestle holds the patent to produce and sell Nespresso machines, simply because it's named after their brand. However, it's not just Nestle that sells Nespresso machines and capsules; they sell the producing rights and distributing rights to several manufacturers in Europe. Some names that are worth mentioning are Krups, Breville, Delonghi, and Eugster/Frismag. In 2000, the brand name for the machine "Nespresso" first appeared on the market.
1. Nespresso machines
Since the beginning of the "Nespresso" brand, manufacturers have introduced many types of Nespresso coffee makers, ranging from the starter Inissia, U, or Pixie. In 2014, Nespresso introduced the VertuoLine of the machines, in order to satisfy requests for larger coffee sizes. Here is the list of most Nespresso series:
Nespresso Pixie: The Pixie is called the entry-level Nespresso machine, because it is small, simple, well-designed, and sometimes lacks some features. It does not offer you a container for milk, so if you're one of the cappuccino lovers, it might not be for you. The Pixie is made for general purpose use.
- Nespresso Creatista: This is one of the most premium series made by Nespresso. This is top of the line, high-end, and looks cool in your house
- Nespresso Expert: A mid-rage Nespresso machine made with great minimalistic design, which is modern, and fashionable
- Nespresso Inissia: Another entry-level for people trying Nespresso for the first time. It would be a great choice and surprisingly good when you switch from simple water or milk to Nespresso.
- Nespresso KitchenAid: Defined by the name - the coffee machine for the kitchen made out of plastic.
- Nespresso Prodigio: In the industrial revolution 4.0, coffee machines can be connected to the Internet. The Prodingio can be controlled by an app on smartphones via Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth
- Nespresso CitiZ: As the name suggested, the machine is made for modern houses, with modern people living inside.
- Nespresso Essenza: The Essenza was designed to deliver good coffee but to be simple-looking. Only essentials are kept to make the machine as compact as possible.
- Nespresso Lattissima: The Nespresso for milk-based coffee made for different flavors and sizes of the cup.
- Nespresso U series: This is made to be an affordable coffee machine, with popularity and simplicity. The machine is perfect for your home.
- Nespresso Maestria: Coffee machines for professional, for those who love making coffee. You'll feel like a barista when you purchase this.
Above are the types of Nespresso machines. Each of them has its own advantages, and disadvantages and serves a specific purpose to a specific group of people.
2. The capsules
Due to the patent problem, only Nespresso brand is allowed to sell Nespresso capsules, which makes the capsules way more premium. In exchange for that, the capsules are strictly made, with the protection from moist and dust, thus, last over the cruelty of time. There are more than 20 types of Nespresso capsules now being sold on the market. Here is the complete list:
- Ristretto Capsules: A blend of South American and East African Arabicas, with a touch of Robusta, for intense coffee lovers. Size of cup: 25/40ml
- Arpeggio Capsules: Inspired by a technique in guitar, Arpeggio has a strong character, and intense body, with cocoa notes. Size of cup: 25/40ml
- Roma Capsules: This type tastes woody and sweet, with a full, lasting taste on the palate. Size of cup: 25/40ml
- Livanto Capsules: Livanto is a balanced espresso with cereal flavor. Size of cup: 40ml
- Volluto Capsules: A sweet and bu A sweet and biscuity flavor, with a little acidity and fruity, for people who love cereal and sweetness. Size of cup: 40ml
- Capriccio Capsules: Espresso with rich aroma and strong typical cereal notes. Size of cup: 40ml
- Cosi Capsules: Pure, lightly roasted, light-bodied espresso with a citrus note. Size of cup: 40ml
- Dulsao Do Brazil Capsules: One of the Pure Origine series, with the origin in Brazil, with a honey and malt note. Size of cup: 40mlosi Capsules: Pure, lightly roasted, light-bodied espresso with a citrus note. Size of cup: 25/40ml
- Rosabaya de Brazil Capsule: Adicity with typical red fruit and winey notes. Size of cup: 40ml
- Indriya from India Capsules: Full-bodied espresso, which has a distinct personality with notes of spices. Size of cup: 25/40ml
- Fortissio Capsules: An intense full-bodied blend with bitterness, which develops notes of dark roasted beans. Size of cup: 110ml
- Vilvalto Capsules: Flowery flavor, with roasted and subtle floral notes. Size of cup: 110ml
- Linizio Lungo Capsules: Well-rounded combination of Brazillian and Comlubian coffee. Size of cup: 110ml
- Decaffeinato Capsules: Winey flavored with red fruit. It features the size of cup to be 40ml.
- Decaffeinato Lungo Capsules: A smooth, creamy body with roasted cereal flavor. Size of cup: 110ml
- Decaffeninote Intenso Capsules: Dark roasted South American Arabicas with a touch of Robusta bring out the subtle cocoa and roasted cereal notes of this full-bodied decaffeinated espresso. Size of cup: 40ml.
Before buying your Nespresso machine, it is important to look at the type or types of capsules the machine supports. Most of them support more than 1 type of capsules; however, some capsules aren't compatible with certain ranges of machines, thus, unusable.
3. The speed
Coffee machines make coffee fast. But how fast? Some Nespresso machines with the right water temperature can make 9 or 10 cups of coffee in under 30 seconds, and that's the standard. Some machines can take longer to do the job because of both the machine and the capsule's nature. However, it would not take as long as drip coffee makers. Before purchasing your coffee machine, you need to take a look at the speed because it might be useful afterward.
1. Nespresso Lattissima Pro
The Nespresso Lattissima Pro is one of the most premium Nespresso coffee machines sold on Amazon. The original purpose of the Lattissima is to create a milk-based coffee machine for milk lovers.
De'LongHi with their distributing rights has created this model of Lattissima focusing on the foam. It was claimed to be able to create the perfect espresso layers, with dense and long-lasting foam from start to finish. It uses the traditional Nespresso capsules for the original tastes. It contains a milk carafe volumed 16 ounces or half a liter.
On the inside of the machine, it operates at the pressure of over 19 bars with the perfect system of adjusting the milk level. As for the speed, this is one of the fastest Nespresso machines out there; and it takes just seconds to start from the cold-water beginnings. The coffee machine is made out of plasic and silver colored, along with the touchscreen user interface.
- Milk-based Lattissima Pro
- Plasic material and silver color
- 16 ounce of milk (0.5 liter)
- Fast cold-water start
2. Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus
The first thing you'll notice about the Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus is the material that makes the machine. It is made of stainless steel with the original steel color. The device is made for Breville and weighs just about 10.9 pounds, just a little heavier than your laptop. It works as a single-serve coffee and espresso machine, with the ability to turn into a latte maker to create top-quality latte in your kitchen, with the attached milk frother.
The controlling part is made with buttons, and with buttons, you can adjust your coffee volume, milk temperature, and mixture with a lightning-fast 3 seconds of start time. It includes a 1.5L detachable tank for water, auto-purge steam, 19 bars of pressure, and an automatic cleaning process. Finally, if you purchase the coffee maker on Amazon today, you'll receive a complimentary gift as some starter Nespresso capsules for you to try.
- Stainless steel
- Top-quality espresso, latte, latte macchiatos
- 1.5L of removable water tank
- Fast cold-water start
3. Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine is one of the VertuoLine series introduced by Nespresso in 2014, in order to serve the North Americans' requests for a larger coffee cup. It uses a totally different type of capsules, so if you're buying this model, you need to be sure of the Nespresso capsules you want.
The Nespresso Vertuo comes in 5 different variants of color, including Titan, Black, Red, Graphite Metal, and Silver. All of them have been given a modern look for your modern kitchen or coffee room. The Smart Coffee technology called Centrifusion patently developed by Nespresso to throw away your worry about your coffee quality, and what you need is only input the capsules, and use the default settings.
It produces coffee in two different cup sizes: 1.35 oz and 7.7 oz, with just a touch of buttons. The water tank volumes at 54oz and a milk frother is available. The Nespresso machine is made out of plastic and weighs just over 3.4 pounds.
- Super lightweight
- Extra large Nespresso cup sizes
- 5 different variants of color
- 1.35 oz and 7.7 oz cup sizes
- 54 oz of water and milk frother
- 3.5 pounds
Last update on 2022-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Nespresso is a portmanteau of Nestle and Espresso, a patented espresso technology. Buying a Nespresso machine requires a deep understanding of coffee and the Nespresso lineups. We have outlined the specifications of Nespresso machines, and the best Nespresso coffee makers you can order off online. Here are our final picks:
- The best Nespresso machine: Nespresso Lattissima Pro
- The runner-up: Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus
- Extra large VertuoLine: Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine
- The budget choice: Nespresso Machine, HOMEVER 4 in 1 Multi-Function Mini Espresso Machine
Thank you for reading our review article. I hope you enjoyed learning and choosing your perfect Nespresso coffee maker. See you in our next articles.